Thursday, April 22, 2010

Week two is in the past

April 22nd, 2010 - 115 days until Wedding

Well I can honestly say that these past two weeks and flown by and thank god I started this then and not now. I can't even imagine hitting panic mode now, knowing that I only have 3 weeks until I try my dress on. I'm feeling great with how things are going. I have been working really hard on eliminating that mid afternoon snacking and it seems to be paying off. I jumped on my beloved scale this morning and it spit out exactly what I wanted to see, down 2 lbs!!! So that brings my grand total to 6 lbs forever lost. I am so happy that I have come this far in the last two weeks, and I am only more motivated than ever to keep going.
I received a package in the mail the other day, it was the two amazing bathing suits that I ordered from Victoria Secret. I was so excited to try them on that I ripped the bag open the second I stepped in the door and bolted upstairs. Once I got the first one on, I knew I had to turn around and face that full length mirror on the other side of my room. I took in a deep breath and gave myself a little pep talk before turning around. I said "self, we have been working so hard over the last two weeks, that it doesn't matter what it looks like when you turn around. You know you have been on track, and the image staring back at you will only get better over the next few weeks." Once I had pumped myself up I turned around and to my surprise didn't feel half as horrible as I usually would when trying on a bathing suit. It wasn't the perfect body staring back at me, but it was better than anything I saw staring back last year. I turned back around before I could let any negative thoughts start to drift in, and counted that as a successful moment along my path to fabulous.
Even though 6 lbs may not sound like much to some of you out there, for those who struggle with weight it is huge. I am so happy that I have come this far and have no plans to jump off into the crowd of bad habits anytime soon. I do have to thank all of you out there who have been reading and commenting. You have helped me push through those tough moments. My mom has been great with her tough love and Jamie my adoring fiance is always doing those little things like counting how many girl guide cookies are left just to make sure I'm not savagely scarfing them down the second he walks out the door.
Thank you Alexa for getting me started, and keeping me motivated just by writing on your blog. WOW is all I have to say about her, and if you have not checked out her sexy new body you should!
Weekend in Dryden coming up and I'm hoping I can survive.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment