Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I don't remember it being that hard

April 20th, 2010 - 117 days until Wedding



I have not forgotten about you all, I have just been busy enjoying the beautiful weather and had no motivation to sit inside and be on the computer. It's crazy to think that my second week is almost over. There are some days where I am sitting their trying to focus on not snacking and wishing the day would just be over so I could go to bed and start all over the next, but this past week has flown by and I am really trying hard to stay on track all of the time.



Well, last week while I had to make my trip to Dryden for school, I was able to pick up a bike for Jamie. Before the school season started for me I was biking about 6 miles every day. Once school started and being a first year teacher with absolutely no resources, my life sort of disappeared. Now that I have somewhat got myself into a routine of getting to school super early, planning in the morning, teaching all day and coaching gymnastics most nights, it doesn't seem so bad. Now that I have tried to add in physical activity I seem to feel all over the place again. My regular routine which is already jam packed now needs to squeeze in yet another thing. Now I am not at all saying I am that much busier than any one of you who religiously goes to the gym, but for me waking up at 5 am to work out is not an option. So for now, and I mean these last 10 weeks of school, my workout days are limited to 3-4 a week.

I didn't realize how out of shape I was until this past weekend. I thought it would be a good idea to bike to Madsen. It was beautiful weather, no traffic ever on that highway and no major plans the following day. Perfect! I thought to myself, "This won't be that hard, I used to run 12 miles for my long run when I was training for the 1/2 Marathon." Man was I ever wrong. Going from doing absolutely nothing to biking to Madsen and back brought back fond memories of my summer in the Pocono Mountains. When I coached gymnastics in the US one summer we decided it would be a good plan to bike to the beach. It was friggin up hill the whole way through the mountains. We all thought we were going to die once we reached the beach we couldn't possibly think about ever getting on a bike again. I'm pretty sure we ended up walking our bikes towards the end and at one point considered just tossing them into the ditch. They were not ours so we didn't care. By no means was my bike ride out to Madsen nearly as painful as the one through the mountains, but I can guarantee my ass hurt just as much. I actually considered tying a couch cushion on my bike before ever leaving the house.

So I can say that I survived the bike trip even though it was hard, and lived to bike to my parents house for coffee the next morning. I thought my legs would be sore but surprisingly enough they were not. To me it is easy to get in a workout during the weekend, it's during the week that will kill me. I don't work Wednesday nights, so my plan is to get out there this Wednesday and possibly Friday.

If anyone out there is interested in having a walking or biking date every Wednesday let me know. We can make it a Journey to Fabulous date where we all take time out of our busy lives just for us. You can bring your child or dog and we can catch up on gossip while making our bodies happy.

P.S I do have a picture saved on my camera, but at this current point in time my cords have grown legs and walked away. Until they return I am unable to post a picture.



XOXO

2 comments:

  1. What type of card reader do you need? I am willing to donate to the cause! I've been there before, and am working my way back from there again after having a baby last year. You could not have a more sympathetic ear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to take the cord home from my classroom camera and see if that will work.

    ReplyDelete