Monday, April 12, 2010

That friend we love to hate

April 12th, 2010 - 124 days until Wedding

Well I survived the weekend, which you all know can be the make or break of any diet you are on. It always seems like once you start something like a diet, there are suddenly a billion events planned to help throw you off track. Family dinners, birthdays and other special events are the hardest things to attend when you are at the beginning of a new eating plan. Not only are you not in a routine yet, but your body is craving those naughty things that always show up at these type of events.
I had to take on one of those events after only being on my new diet for 2 days. Talk about a challenge of self control coming when it is so easy to choose the wrong path. That little voice in your head that says "You can always start again tomorrow, it's not like you have been doing this long enough to ruin anything." Now this would be my usual path of self destruction BUT this time was different. I did my best to ignore that terrible self destructing voice in my head and looked past the temptations. I managed to stick with my plan through the birthday dinner. I'm not going to say I was 100% but I did stick with my plan during dinner and felt no such guilt when I cut myself a small piece of birthday cake to enjoy with everyone else.

Now the true test of my self control will all come out when I step on that friend we love to hate, the scale. This tiny little machine can be your best friend one day, and the next morning can be your worst enemy. I used to be, and still am addicted to the scale. I'm one of those people who will get on it every morning religiously just to determine if I will have a good day or not. Not really the greatest self esteem boost unless you are 100% sure its going to give you the numbers you are looking for. This time around though, I am not stepping on that little bugger everyday. I have decided to not let it run my life on a daily basis and will only weigh in once a week. Now, I have cheated on this so far and jumped on the scale this morning just to make sure, but from now on I will only be meeting up for my love hate relationship once a week. Since I started this on a Thursday, I have decided that will be my day. So from today on I will not get on a scale unless the calender reads Thursday.
I have been asked by a few people if I will be posting pictures of my progress, and at first I was thinking hell no, but I think it will be good motivation for me. So by the end of the week I hope to have my smiling face on here for you. Hopefully that wont scare away some of my followers.

No comments:

Post a Comment