Thursday, April 15, 2010

Week one is now done!

April 16th, 2010 - 121 days until Wedding

Well yesterday was the day, the one that determined if I did as well as I thought this week. The tell all day that will show how well I followed my new plan. You all know the second I woke up yesterday morning the only thing going through my head was, "If that damn scale doesn't show what I want it will be snapped in half". Now before I post how I did let me recap a few things from this week. First of all I did not post yesterday, not because I was hiding from you all but because I was out of town for a math PD day.
So I can honestly say that this week was quite difficult in the beginning. I wanted so bad to cheat on many occasions and if I hadn't tossed out almost all the tempting things in my house I would have sabotaged my diet everyday of this week. I did not drastically change what I ate but did make myself more aware of what I was putting in my mouth and when I was doing it. I did drastically cut down on carbs this week as before I was way too dependent on that terrible yet so good food group.
Ok drum roll please. I can honestly say I was nervous getting on that scale. The fact that I had avoided it all week was hard but getting on it not knowing what to expect was even harder.
Results: down 4 pounds!!!! Yup that's right doubters not only was I down but I smashed right through my expectations. Talk about one hell of a motivator for the upcoming week. Now for those of you waiting for pictures, I should have them up tonight. I am currently charging my camera and in search of those cords needed to transfer the pictures to my computer. I am putting a warning on these now, they are not pretty and those with a weak stomach should avoid. But what the hell, it will be something I can look back at and laugh at in a few months time. A reminder of a low point in my life that I will never return to.

Well yesterday I had to make the trip down the highway to Starbucks ooops I mean Dryden for a Math PD session. First stop on my trip was my kingdom of Starbucks. I've seriously considered buying stock in this company since I have spent enough money there over the last few year, I bet I own at least 1/8 of it already. It was like the gods knew I was coming. The second I stepped in that store it was like nothing else around me existed. For that few moments everything was silent in my world as I floated towards the counter. My eyes scanned around to find out what was the new special coffee they had out. "Dark Cherry Mocha" would be the name that practically jumped off the counter and attacked me. For a split second I was about to order this wonderful sounding diet ending coffee and then reality hit. A man who had to have been at least 300 lbs walked by me with a shopping bag full of junk food. "My god" I thought "Don't you know that is going to kill you? How can you not see what you are doing to yourself. Everyone else around you can see it, and yet you are blind to the damage". In that instant I snapped to my own self. How could I criticize someone who is over weight, for buying junk food, when I was about to do the same thing. Just because I'm not 300 lbs doesn't mean I'm not doing the same thing this guy was. When the guy behind the counter asked me what I wanted for the fourth time, I replied with my usual of "Venti non fat extra hot latte please" and then it was over. I surpassed my first temptation of the day. I had strongly considered buying that coffee and sucking back the 2000 calories it contained. If it hadn't been for the obese junk food guy, I would had jumped off the wagon and ran away with my coffee like a lunatic.

Lunch was another challenge for me on this day. For those who don't know, when us teachers head down the highway to these meetings, everything is provided for us. Breakfast and lunch included. Now I had gotten smart about the breakfast thing and I eat before I leave just so I am not starving when I walk past the pastry table they have set up in the morning. Lunch is a different story. By then you are hungry and it always smells so good no matter what they made. I was praying that today would be the day they would make something I was allergic to and I would be forced to stick with salad. Of course that was not the case. Cesar Salad and Fettuccine Alfredo!! AHHHH Panic has set in the second I stepped in that line. What do I do now? Once I got up to the front I realized that the dressing wasn't actually on the salad and sighed a breath of relief. At least I could load up my plate full of salad and put on a minimum of that fatty dressing and then bolt away from the table. Once I was finished filling up my plate the smell of the sauce drifted in one nostril and out the other. I felt trapped. I knew that if I bolted from that table I was going to be thinking about that pasta all day and that could cause me to snatch up a bag of chips later on down the road for the ride home. I grabbed the tongs and scooped out not even 1/2 a cup of noddles onto my plate and about a table spoon of sauce and bolted from the table without looking back. I enjoyed my salad first while we talked teacher stuff with others from the Red Lake area and then took two bites of my pasta and tossed my napkin over it. I was not about to ruin everything I worked so hard for, for some pasta that I could make any day of the week.

So there you have it folks, I survived my first week as well as my first out of town experience. Of course you all know I jumped on that scale this morning to make sure I didn't ruin my day while I away. The results ........ Your going to have to wait until next Thursday to find that out!



XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment