Monday, April 26, 2010

A slight bump in the road

April 26th, 2010 - 111 days until Wedding

Well the beginning of week three has been a bit of a challenge. I was away this weekend coaching gymnastics so I was unable to get in my soon to be usual weekend bike ride. That was just part one of my many mistakes I made this weekend. I should have dragged my lazy butt out once I returned home Saturday night but I had a head cold so I plunked my fat ass down on the couch and refused to move. The sudden aroma of homemade nachos didn't even seem to register an ounce of guilt inside of me. Not once did I even think to myself that this was a bad idea. Instead I pushed all thoughts out of my mind and proceeded to follow what my stomach was saying instead of what my head should have been saying. I managed to scarf down as many nachos as I could until I actually felt sick to my stomach. Finally my stomach began to agree with what my head was saying all along, and I put down that last chip and removed myself from the situation. Now it would be easy to say that it was not my fault and that a certain someone should have kept that crap out of the house but I am to blame. It was my idea to make such a toxic meal and it's not like anyone tied me down and force fed me. All though I would like to believe that I ate savagely out of control because there was a gun to my head, the truth is I made a bad choice.
I felt like crap the second it had registered that I had ruined everything I had worked so hard for over the last two weeks. Guilt set in and I began to feel sorry for myself. Instead of doing my usual pity pout, I got over it and hopped right back up on the wagon. The following day I jumped on my bike to meet the girls for breakfast/lunch. I forced myself behave and eat healthy and felt 100% better when I was biking back up the hill to my house. I made sure that my day consisted of only healthy choices and I removed myself from any temptations.
I feel good this morning, and I am trying not to think about my slight set back. I will not let one thing ruin my attitude and convince me to give up. I'm planning on making Wednesday a walking night, so all of you out there who are interested drop by my house before 7:00pm and you can join me in a lovely stroll around the town. Just let me know in advance if you are coming so I don't leave without you.
Here is to a great week and a jump back in the right direction.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment