Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I didn't realize how hard it was until I did it!

May 4th, 2010 - 103 days until Wedding

My body is still hurting from Sunday, but in a good way. I decided it was a good idea to head up to the gym and attempt to get myself back into shape. I was dead set on completing the competitive gymnasts warm up and conditioning program even if it killed me. Well I can honestly say I thought that I was going to die right there on the floor. 10 min into the warm up and I was sweating so badly that it was actually dripping into my eyes. As much as I was not exactly enjoying the torture I was putting my body through, it felt good to be challenging myself again. By the time I was done the warm up part my abs were so tired I wasn't sure I would be able to get up off the floor. I pushed myself to complete the conditioning lines as well and knew that I was going to be hurting in the days to come. Well it's Tuesday and I am still having a hard time standing up straight. My abs are burning, my traps and killing me and my chest feels like someone jumped on it repeatedly, BUT it feels good to know that I survived and I definitely know I gave myself a good workout.
I need to get back up there a couple more times this week to go through the same routine and hopefully add in a bit more. It would be great if I could get back into the shape I was in during my gymnastics days, everyone loves to have a six pack to show off.
Well week four is slowly coming to an end and currently our scale is not working. The batteries are dead in it and if we can't get replacements in town, I will have to put my weigh in for the week off until I can get to a scale. I will keep you updated on this situation.
I'm getting a little nervous about trying on my dress next week. I hope I like what I see when I look in the giant tell all three way mirror. I know it's time to pick up the pace on the whole getting back in shape thing and I plan on getting in a killer workout both days this weekend. If you are interested in sweating your ass off literally then let me know and you can join me up at the gym. Just a warning that I did swear quite a lot last week while completing this workout so it is not for the light hearted. If you are looking for a challenge, something to jump start your program or shake things up, this is the workout for you. If you don't believe me, take a look at the wicked 8 pack abs my little gymnasts are walking around with.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment