Thursday, June 17, 2010

Moving Forward

June 17th - 59 days until Wedding

Well folks things are starting to slow down as work so I now have time to relax in the morning with my coffee and write some things down on this here blog. Since I last wrote things sort of stalled out on me. I was getting bored with the plan and the weight wasn't coming off as fast as in the beginning so I was getting a little discouraged. Last weekend I gave myself a good swift kick in the ass, and here I am back on track.
I recieved a late night, well late night for me (9:00pm) BBM message asking if I would run in the Manitoba Marathon Relay this weekend. Without even thinking this over and convincing myself it was a bad idea, I jumped at the chance and said yes. the fact that I have not ran a day in my life since I completed the 1/2 marathon 4 years ago never really crossed my mind until I was about .5 km from my house at 9:15pm and I quickly remembered why I quite running int he first place. At no point during my first 6km run in years did I enjoy what I was doing. I do have to say that the weather was perfect but it was friggin hard. When I finally returned home I knew that I would be paying for this the following day. Sure enough my legs were killing me and I was dreading walking up the stairs at school.
Last night, which happened to be the hottest night of the year so far, was my second run. I thought I was going to die. I barley made the first 3km before I was ready to dive into the ditch and give up. I pushed myself to finish and survivied. I'm not sure why I thought this was a good plan, training a total of 3 days to run on the relay team but at least I am one step ahead of one of our other team memebers who thinks he will be able to pull of the run without training at all.
I wasn't sure I would survive wakeboarding last night but I did. It felt good to be out there again and I am very excited to learn some new tricks this year. Watch out boys!
On a brighter note I am now down a total of 10 lbs since I started. It has been coming off slowly but at least it is coming off. I haven't decided if I will continue to run after this weekend since I have a hard time enjoying it but that will have to be determined at a later day. Wish me luck!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment